How do I collect a nasal swab sample for the COVID-19 Test?
The COVID-19 sample collection must be done in the presence of a trained observer.
Before You Collect:
Before you begin, be sure to read through the instruction pages and make note of the following:
Your sample must be dropped off with a testing coordinator or at a designated collection area.
- With freshly washed hands, unwrap the collection swab. Be careful not to contaminate the collection tip by touching it.
- Tip your head back and insert the collection swab (usually ½ to ¾ of an inch, or 1 to 1.5 cm) into a nostril and rotate for 15 seconds.
- Repeat on the other nostril.
- Place the swab in the buffer tube and snap off the end on the break line.
- Replace the cap on the tube and close it securely.
- Place the tube in the biohazard bag and return the testing kit to the correct personnel or mail courier.