How do I collect a nasal swab sample for the Common Respiratory Wellness test?
Before You Collect:
Before you begin, be sure to read through the instruction pages and make note of the following:
Plan to collect your sample on the same day you are able to ship it out. Do NOT collect and ship your sample on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
Remember, only collect samples on Monday through Thursday, as samples cannot be shipped on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
- With freshly washed hands, unwrap the collection swab. Be careful not to contaminate the collection tip by touching it.
- Tip your head back and insert the collection swab (usually ½ to ¾ of an inch, or 1 to 1.5 cm) into a nostril and rotate for 15 seconds.
- Repeat on the other nostril.
- Place the swab in the buffer tube and snap off the end on the break line.
- Replace the cap on the tube and close it securely.
- Place the tube in the biohazard bag and return the testing kit to the correct personnel or mail courier.